Beer fines are a hallowed, sacred tradition in skydiving.
The Definitive Beer Fine Rules
Blue Skies Magazine readers have voted on the definitive beer fine rules and they are as follows:
- A case of beer shall be defined as no less than one of the following:
- 24 cans
- 24 12-oz bottles
- 12 22-oz bottles
- Beer brand selection shall be the choice of the beer fine payer.
- The offending jumper is entitled to the first beer from the case he or she has bought to satisfy a beer fine.
- Underage and/or non-drinking offenders may buy Otter Pops or popsicles instead of beer, in the same quantity.
- Every DZ shall have clearly defined beer lines. A case of beer is to be paid for every instance a jumper lands on or outside the beer lines.
- A case of beer is to be paid for every jumper’s first cutaway, in addition to any rigger liquor fines.
- A case of beer is to be paid for every jumper’s 100th, 500th and 1,000th jumps and for every thousandth jump thereafter.
- A case of beer is to be paid every time a jumper earns a new license and rating.
- A case of beer is to be paid by every jumper upon jumping his or her first rig.
- A case of beer is to be paid by every jumper who lands off the drop zone due to his or her own decisions and/or actions.
- A case of beer is to be paid after every first jump at a new drop zone.
- The beer fine game exists to promote community, education and fun. No part of the beer fine game shall be taken too seriously or be used to exclude, embarrass or punish any fellow jumper.