Sep 23, 2019 – happy Monday, hopefully it is the start of a great week!
If you need some extra motivation and the coffee isn’t strong enough – Stoic philosopher Seneca has a few words for you. We think skydivers manage to cram quite a lot of living in their lives though, so on on!
It is not that we have a short time to live, but that we waste a lot of it.– Seneca
BIRTHDAYS and CELEBRATIONS 🎉🎊🥳
– Dutch jumper Herman Landsmann is celebrating his birthday today! Herman has been at this skydiving thing longer than most, and thanks to his outstanding Dutch genes, does not seem to be slowing down in the least.
– Laura Wagner – well loved organizer and amazing yogi celebrated her birthday yesterday.
Congrats to both – and all the rest of the skydivers out there that celebrated their birthdays over the weekend!
RECORD CLAIMS (and sometimes actual records too) 🏆
– Danish jumpers went for a record this weekend – night jump one! 17 jumpers doing “Full Break Large Formation Sequential”. Record has been submitted – and now we just wait for the ratification!
– Maxine Tate (USA) put the pedal to the metal speed skydiving at US Nationals in Raeford, going 417,40 km/h. Current record is 375,90 km/h, set by Montana Miller (USA) earlier this year.
– Kyle Lobpries (USA) did the same for the boys – 495,40 km/h. Current record 437,98 km/h set by Eugenio Ciurana (USA). If ratified, these records will be the new North-American record in Female and Male categories respectively.
Want more records or details? The FAI website has ’em in spades.
EVENTS – BOOGIE WOOGIE- SKILLS CAMPS – SCRAMBLES ⛺️🕺
Summer might be behind us, but there are still plenty of events, skills camps and boogies on the horizon! Join our Skydiving Events group to keep up with ’em all.
- Scrambles in Clewiston, FL (Sep 28): 4-way scrambles, hit ‘n chug, pot luck – all the things that make a DZ a DZ.
- Angle Camp with Jay Veenendaal at Cross Keys (Sept 27-29): You know. Angles.
- Skydive Arizona, AZ (Sep 28-29) : Back to School Boogie, class of 1980! bring out the hair spray and shoulder pads!
- Boogie Woogie Jumping Ghost (Oct 11-13), Skydive Georgia/Skydive the Farm, GA. Halloween theme, wingsuit night jumps (gasp!) and all kinds of good stuff.
- Chicks Rock (Oct 3-6), CA
We want to celebrate peeps being rad and doing good! Help us find them by tagging us with #BSMshoutout or send nominations, links, photos or whatever. Anything goes. Skydiving or personal milestones, new gear/babies/dogs, ratings, kicking cancers ass – all the stuff that makes your heart grow a size or two. Hit us up with your suggestions – but here are a few of our recent faves:
- Adventure in Slovenia with ToraTora – new video from Keith Creedy. YouTube your little hearts out and start saving money for an epic skydiving/swimming/jungling adventure. Bring Keith with to make it look this good.
- SDC Rhythm XP for showing up at Nationals and putting us all on the edge of our seats, battling it out with Airspeed for the gold in 4-way FS
- The Lunatic Fringe podcast by the Fuckin’ Pilot – a podcast that feels like you are sitting by the bonfire, chatting with your pals. Listen to them all – latest one with rigger/tunnel/AFF/tandem instructor (and all around overachiever) Rory Corrigan.
Phew. That’s it for now – thanks for reading – and keep your suggestions coming!