We recently got this anonymous tip: “Videographer ____ at Skydive ___ has booze on her/his breath and I’m pretty sure s/he drinks while s/he works. I think it’s bullshit s/he would put other’s safety at risk and I don’t want to be “that guy” that rats her/him out.”
As a community that prides itself on the fun kind of inappropriate behavior, how do you handle truly inappropriate behavior? Whether it’s a drunk AFF-I, a grabby TI, rude manifest or racist fun jumper, what do you do? Have you ever encountered a situation like this? How would you if you encountered it?
What's the best way to deal with inappropriate behavior by fellow skydivers?
- Pull the person aside and have a quiet, personal chat. (46%, 105 Votes)
- Tell the DZO. (40%, 91 Votes)
- Alert your S&TA. (37%, 84 Votes)
- Publicly call him or her out, in person. (6%, 13 Votes)
- Mind your own fucking business. (6%, 13 Votes)
- Two words: Hidden GoPros. (4%, 10 Votes)
- Do nothing. It will probably work itself out. (3%, 6 Votes)
- Contact USPA or your country's association. (3%, 6 Votes)
- Create a false profile on dz.com/facebook/twitter and expose the filth. (2%, 5 Votes)
- Other...Explain in comments. (2%, 5 Votes)
- Publicly call him or her out, online. (0%, 0 Votes)