It’s official: Issue 26 has left our printer’s nest and is on its way to you — if you’re a lucky subscriber. If you’re not, you can be, simply by clicking this handy link, or mailing us a check, or calling us on the phone, or seeing us at a boogie, or sending a smoke signal.
In this issue:
- Bridge Day 2011
Bamwich takes us along on his first Bridge Day!
- The Sex Skydive Heard ‘Round the World
Alex Torre takes us along on his first controversial sex skydiving video!
- “I Jumped It”
Our new gear review series. Dave Schwartz of Skydive Radio fame reviews Alti-2‘s N3 Audio.
- The Zen of BASE Part 3: Baffin
Oh boy, Matt Gerdes‘ story is really getting good. Part 3 of 4.
- A Week in the Life of Mike Steen
The lovely Faith chats with paragliding guru Mike Steen across continents and mountains.
- DIY: Canopy Hanger
Rigger Please, LLC owner Chuck Marshall shows you how to build a canopy hanger of your own for $65.
- Falling Down the Rabbit Hole: From Student to Nationals in 18 Months
Bam again. He introduces us to Team Wonderland‘s Jess, a TV news reporter who…you guessed it, went from student to USPA Nationals competitor in 18 months.
- Aerodynamics for Dummies Part 1: Lift
Julien Peelman of NZ Aerosports throws down the physics lesson.
- Big Girls Don’t Cry: Clair Crawford
Cynthia brings us another amazing BASE girl. Next month is the last one in the series, so collect them all!
- Turning Points: Skydiving Competition and the Media
Kurt Gaebel of the National Skydiving League looks at how competitors handled outside media coverage at this year’s Nationals.
- The Beginning of the End of My Flourishing Career: California Dreamin’
Sydney‘s starting a new chapter!
- The Fuckin’ Pilot: Fucking FAAcebook
See what we did there?
- Skydiving and Life Coach: Gold or Gutter Balls
Melanie Curtis talks Nationals competition and what the elites are really thinking of in competition.
- Jump a Random Skydiver: Julian Bergstein
The lovely Faith went to wing night at The Perfect Spot and found us some meat.